Chef Sacco is back with another delicious original recipe! These yummy lettuce wraps are full of protein and flavor to keep you full and energized all day long, but are also light enough to serve as a quick snack if you are on the go. Give these quick-and-easy Chinese Five Spice Shrimp & Pork Lettuce Wraps a try and let us know how it goes!
CHINESE FIVE SPICE SHRIMP & PORK LETTUCE WRAPS
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
1 lb organic ground pork
½ lb shrimp, peeled and deveined, diced
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
Chinese five-spice powder
1 bunch Tuscan kale, washed and stems removed, and cut into strips
6oz shitake mushrooms, sliced
1 small carrot, diced
2” lemongrass stalk, bruised and minced
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup lime juice
¼ cup gluten-free soy sauce
¼ cup coconut oil
2 bunches romaine hearts
1. In a medium non-stick sauté pan, coat pan with coconut oil and begin sautéing garlic, ginger and lemongrass on medium heat.
2. Once golden brown, add shitake mushrooms and cook until mushrooms release moisture.
3. Add carrots and sauté for 2 minutes.
4. Add ground pork and season generously with Chinese five-spice powder.
5. Add salt to taste.
6. Once all the pork is fully cooked and browned, add kale, lime juice and soy sauce.
7. Sauté until kale is wilted.
8. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp turns pink and is fully cooked.
9. Add chopped cilantro.
10. Taste and season again if needed.
11. Scoop filling into romaine hearts.