Are your products gluten-free and celiac safe?
Absolutely! All of our ingredients are gluten-free and our products are certified gluten-free by the GFCO. Even further, we use purity protocol oats from Avena Foods. The Avena Purity Protocol is a unique “Farm to Table” industry benchmark process, consisting of safety, purity and traceability protocols, that achieves consistent, superior quality certified gluten-free oats.
What's a whole grain?
A grain is considered to be a whole grain as long as all three original parts — the bran, germ, and endosperm — are still present in the same proportions as when the grain was growing in the ﬁelds.
- The Bran: The bran is the multi-layered skin of the edible kernel. It contains important antioxidants, B vitamins and fiber.
- The Germ: The germ is the embryo which has the potential to sprout into a new plant. It contains many B vitamins, some protein, minerals, and healthy fats
- The Endosperm: The endosperm is the germ’s food supply, which provides essential energy to the young plant so it can send roots down for water and nutrients, and send sprouts up for sunlight’s photosynthesizing power. The endosperm if by far the largest portion of the kernel. It contains carbohydrates, proteins and small amount of vitamins and minerals.
What are the health benefits of whole grains?
The benefits of whole grains most documented by repeated studies include:
- Reduced risk of stroke
- Reduced risk of type 2 diabetes
- Reduced risk of heart disease
- Better weight maintenance
- Less inflammation
- Lower risk of colorectal cancer
Check out the Whole Grains Council Website to learn more!
what are the nutritional benefits of your whole grains (quinoa, sorghum, oats)?
Data obtained from the Whole Grains Council: https://wholegrainscouncil.org/whole-grains-101/health-studies-health-benefits/compare-nutrients-various-grains
Are all your products non-gmo?
Yes! All of our products contain no gmo ingredients. We are going through the process of getting our products Non-GMO Project verified.
Can I cook your entrees in the oven?
Yes! You certainly can and here are the oven cooking directions:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove overwrap from bowl.
- Cook at 375°F for 30-35 mins or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
are the Frozen entree cartons and trays RECYCLABLE?
Yes! Please recycle them :)
do you use any preservatives in your products?
No! We use ingredients you can find in your kitchen at home and no preservatives are added.
What is xanthan gum and why is it in your vegetarian chili?
Xanthan gum is a sub-ingredient in our chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in the Vegetarian Chili. It is used as a gluten-free thickening agent in that ingredient. Xanthan gum is produced by the fermentation of a sugar (glucose)—much like the way yogurt is made.